New blog feature: Cupcake Review
Cupcake stores are appearing everywhere, so I'm going to write reviews of all the local cupcake stores, starting with...
Sweet.
This cupcake store has two branches, one at Zero Brattle Street in Harvard Square, which I visited, and the other at 49 Mass Ave in the Back Bay.
I noticed that it had opened up in the storefront that used to house Cross, and I said "CUPCAKE" like I was the Incredible Hulk and walked in.
The store was small, and had one full table in the front. The back had a display of cupcakes in many flavors and a cooler of drinks, also in many flavors.
I had a chocolate coconut cupcake. It was small and consisted of chocolate cake with coconut buttercream frosting. The cake part was good, but the frosting part was way too...sweet. I am a sugar addict and can't throw out cake, but I only ate half the cupcake before tossing it in the trash.
and on my new cupcake rating scale, I give this three out of five spoonsful of frosting.
Sweet.
This cupcake store has two branches, one at Zero Brattle Street in Harvard Square, which I visited, and the other at 49 Mass Ave in the Back Bay.
I noticed that it had opened up in the storefront that used to house Cross, and I said "CUPCAKE" like I was the Incredible Hulk and walked in.
The store was small, and had one full table in the front. The back had a display of cupcakes in many flavors and a cooler of drinks, also in many flavors.
I had a chocolate coconut cupcake. It was small and consisted of chocolate cake with coconut buttercream frosting. The cake part was good, but the frosting part was way too...sweet. I am a sugar addict and can't throw out cake, but I only ate half the cupcake before tossing it in the trash.
and on my new cupcake rating scale, I give this three out of five spoonsful of frosting.
Labels: cupcake review

2 Comments:
hmmm.. food should never disappoint.. :/
By
Dee13, At
10:10 PM
When I worked Kooza, someone brought in a few from the Boston location (presumably the only location at the time) and the one I had was pretty good.
I am still a sucker for the red velvet from lulu's. Though I a, also very, very curious about their orange creme.
By
Anonymous, At
12:25 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home