Now I don't have to make up a new tag.
A message board I'm part of has a 50-book challenge for its members, but I think I'm going to pass that limit fairly easily. I think I've already finished 10 books this year and it's not even the end of January.
The book I was up until 3 am last night reading and finished the afternoon is called In The Woods, and was written by Tana French. The first time I saw the cover, I thought it said "Into the Woods," like the play. The second time I saw the cover, I noticed that it had won an Edgar Award, for the best first novel by an American. I suddenly found myself drawn to it, even though choosing a book because it won an award is a bad reason to choose a book. I picked it up anyway, Tuesday evening, and I could not put it down.
It's a story about a detective and his partner investigating a 12-year-old's murder and subsequent sexual assault, and this detective was a link to the disappearance of two other 12-year-olds (his two best friends) 20 years earlier, and how his past affects the current case. I had actually flipped to near the end as is my wont these days, and thought I saw whodunit, but the reasoning behind the murder was veddy interesting indeed.
The book I was up until 3 am last night reading and finished the afternoon is called In The Woods, and was written by Tana French. The first time I saw the cover, I thought it said "Into the Woods," like the play. The second time I saw the cover, I noticed that it had won an Edgar Award, for the best first novel by an American. I suddenly found myself drawn to it, even though choosing a book because it won an award is a bad reason to choose a book. I picked it up anyway, Tuesday evening, and I could not put it down.
It's a story about a detective and his partner investigating a 12-year-old's murder and subsequent sexual assault, and this detective was a link to the disappearance of two other 12-year-olds (his two best friends) 20 years earlier, and how his past affects the current case. I had actually flipped to near the end as is my wont these days, and thought I saw whodunit, but the reasoning behind the murder was veddy interesting indeed.
Labels: books read too much

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home