Ich kann schreiben!
Though I can't mail them from this Internet cafe, I've actually managed to compose e-mails in German to both the fan liaison at Werder Bremen and to the woman (I think) who's working with Danke Erfurt. It only took me five hours, but I think that's because declensions do my head in since I last studied Latin 13 and a half years ago, and because I get very easily distracted with the wide-open Internets. (And of course "It's the End of the World as We Know It" is back in my head.)
Assuming I ever manage to write the letter correctly, with what I think is the right declension for "your" in formal neuter, actually remembering to say please, and theoretically perfect handwriting, I might have a workable letter to send to the actual Clemens Fritz (if the Werder fan liaison says I have enough return postage). And I still feel as if I need to make a donation to his charitable foundation if I get his autograph, so I hope I can get a response about the shirts they've made. If he signs the picture I plan to send him, I don't necessarily need a signed shirt anymore, but of course I want one ;)
I also broke up an Amazon order so that I'm going to get the new Girls Aloud CD sooner rather than later. I wish I could figure out why The Potato Factory is so hard to find, as I really want to read that trilogy!
As soon as I set up the e-mail to Danke Erfurt so that it'll send as soon as I open my Outlook program later, I think I'm going to make copies of my new keys and go to the gym. I've eaten a load of carbs while I've been sitting here - a dark chocolate-and-strawberry crêpe and a sesame bagel. I think for the rest of the day I'm going to have to eat only protein and vegetables.
Assuming I ever manage to write the letter correctly, with what I think is the right declension for "your" in formal neuter, actually remembering to say please, and theoretically perfect handwriting, I might have a workable letter to send to the actual Clemens Fritz (if the Werder fan liaison says I have enough return postage). And I still feel as if I need to make a donation to his charitable foundation if I get his autograph, so I hope I can get a response about the shirts they've made. If he signs the picture I plan to send him, I don't necessarily need a signed shirt anymore, but of course I want one ;)
I also broke up an Amazon order so that I'm going to get the new Girls Aloud CD sooner rather than later. I wish I could figure out why The Potato Factory is so hard to find, as I really want to read that trilogy!
As soon as I set up the e-mail to Danke Erfurt so that it'll send as soon as I open my Outlook program later, I think I'm going to make copies of my new keys and go to the gym. I've eaten a load of carbs while I've been sitting here - a dark chocolate-and-strawberry crêpe and a sesame bagel. I think for the rest of the day I'm going to have to eat only protein and vegetables.
Labels: ack, deutsche bratwurst, earworms, proof i am insane

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home