Clemens Fritz is MINE!
Yep, my Corinthians figures arrived yesterday. The box was so small it fit in my mailbox, and there were nine figurines in there, including one Becks I didn't order. I didn't realize the Microstars would be so teensy yet so theoretically lifelike. For instance, Owen Hargreaves has visibly curly hair and Newcastle Alan Smith has a fauxhawk. The eyes are hit or miss - mini-Hargo has green eyes, but the aforementioned Herr Fritz has, well, red eyes. As a green-eyed blond who's forever looking for green-eyed dolls, I'm miffed that Clemens isn't quite right even if Owen is. Also, both Michael Ballacks have brown eyes, and I'm not quite sure whether the real Micha's eyes are blue or green, but they're not brown. Finally, Zinedine Zidane is freaking PRECIOUS.
I ended up bringing the two "East Germans" with me today, and got to talking with a guy in a Hertha Berlin shirt who wanted to take a picture of a certain tiny Werder right back - in a moving vehicle - so I've dropped poor Clemens Fritz six times in 36 hours. Either he's getting diving lessons from Didier Drogba in exchange for the penalty back in September '06, I'm channeling Jogi Loew, I feel the need to chip the figure's face so that he has his freckles, or he's a wee little thing and I'm extremely clumsy. I think he needs a stunt double. I also want Paolo Maldini, the non-fugly Arne Friedrich from an earlier German Microstars line, and more Ballacks ;) I'm waiting til my credit card cycles through; I want to start with a zero balance.
I ended up bringing the two "East Germans" with me today, and got to talking with a guy in a Hertha Berlin shirt who wanted to take a picture of a certain tiny Werder right back - in a moving vehicle - so I've dropped poor Clemens Fritz six times in 36 hours. Either he's getting diving lessons from Didier Drogba in exchange for the penalty back in September '06, I'm channeling Jogi Loew, I feel the need to chip the figure's face so that he has his freckles, or he's a wee little thing and I'm extremely clumsy. I think he needs a stunt double. I also want Paolo Maldini, the non-fugly Arne Friedrich from an earlier German Microstars line, and more Ballacks ;) I'm waiting til my credit card cycles through; I want to start with a zero balance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home