YAY! I BOUGHT A GIRLS ALOUD CD! IN BOSTON! The "Can't Speak French" single!!!!
Which leads me to a funny: there's a version of "Can't Speak French" in French. It's called "Je ne parle pas français." But obviously, since they're singing that song in French, they CAN speak French. I get that too - whenever I try to tell people I can't speak a language in that language, like when I say "Je ne parle pas français" or "Non parlo italiano," people assume that I CAN speak French or Italian, when that only means that those are among the few phrases I can actually say in those two languages. I can, of course, speak Spanish, but that doesn't fit in a song.
And I don't often let the funky music do the talking. Nor would I involve myself in a sham marriage with Cashley Hole. But whatever.
Which leads me to a funny: there's a version of "Can't Speak French" in French. It's called "Je ne parle pas français." But obviously, since they're singing that song in French, they CAN speak French. I get that too - whenever I try to tell people I can't speak a language in that language, like when I say "Je ne parle pas français" or "Non parlo italiano," people assume that I CAN speak French or Italian, when that only means that those are among the few phrases I can actually say in those two languages. I can, of course, speak Spanish, but that doesn't fit in a song.
And I don't often let the funky music do the talking. Nor would I involve myself in a sham marriage with Cashley Hole. But whatever.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home