No good?

31.8.07

I was going to write a post on how looking at pictures of compound leg fractures might work as a tool for my losing weight (though actually one particular picture made my heart stop, which is a different matter entirely), but I'm going to again complain about Steve McClaren.

It is now obvious to me that England are not going to make Euro 2008, and that they were doomed from the start, when the FA picked McClaren (though I didn't care at the time because he dropped David Beckham and he was the only England player I cared about in July 2006), but now that Becks has done his knee, it's officially over to me. I mean England's chance of qualifying, but I might also mean my being a Beckham fan is also over. His decisions lately haven't been stellar, and I am ever-so-slightly bitter that he couldn't play against the Revs. And as Steven Cohen of World Soccer Daily and Fox Football Fone-In says, someone was disingenuous in not revealing the extent of Becks' ankle injury. (Sorry for mentioning you in this blog, Steven. I doubt you'd appreciate my blatant fangirling. I made a pledge to stop the fangirling, and I will!)

I fully admit that I can't remember how exactly it was that Becks did his ankle (I was distracted by his conversations on the bench when he left the game) but one would think it would have healed by now. I have no idea if it has. David Bentley, who begged off an under-21 appearance, will probably be wearing the number 7 for the next round.

And I will again laugh at Steve McClaren's poor strike force. *giggles* Sven-Goran Eriksson is looking awfully good right now, isn't he?

I am so glad I am a WWII-era anomaly who will be able to cheer for France and Germany next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home