major concert conflict. As I posted earlier, I made a reservation at my favorite hotel in Ottawa to go see Blue Rodeo at the Bluesfest. I just found out that Great Big Sea is playing in Boston on July 18, and the Bluesfest show is on the 16th. Since I can't afford to fly to Ottawa, and I'm planning to stay all weekend, there's no way in hell I can make it back in time to see GBS. Furthermore, I have a feeling I can't get a good seat for GBS anymore. Tickets went on sale already.
I guess I'm going to have my next GBS concert in the fall, and hope I don't miss a college basketball game because of it. I missed 18.9 seconds of the UConn-Pitt Big East Final in '02 for GBS, as I didn't record long enough. That game went into double overtime, and was amazing. My favorite parts of tournament-y games are invariably the ends of the finals, with the jumping happy people holding hands...I missed the entire UConn game in the second round of the NCAA tournament this past March 20, and I also missed the last good half J.J. Redick had because I was freaking out in Bertucci's before lunch before the lineup while the Duke game was on in the bar.
All right, I figured out what exactly stinks in my kitchen: something in my trash can literally smells like shit. I have to get the load out of the apartment, no pun intended, but I'm in my pajamas and don't want to put on a lot of clothing because I'm extremely sunburned from today.
I guess I'm going to have my next GBS concert in the fall, and hope I don't miss a college basketball game because of it. I missed 18.9 seconds of the UConn-Pitt Big East Final in '02 for GBS, as I didn't record long enough. That game went into double overtime, and was amazing. My favorite parts of tournament-y games are invariably the ends of the finals, with the jumping happy people holding hands...I missed the entire UConn game in the second round of the NCAA tournament this past March 20, and I also missed the last good half J.J. Redick had because I was freaking out in Bertucci's before lunch before the lineup while the Duke game was on in the bar.
All right, I figured out what exactly stinks in my kitchen: something in my trash can literally smells like shit. I have to get the load out of the apartment, no pun intended, but I'm in my pajamas and don't want to put on a lot of clothing because I'm extremely sunburned from today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home