posted May 4, 2003:
"Also, at the rate I keep taking potshots (pun totally intended) at J.J. Redick, I'll have a crush on him by the end of the month. I, err, love to hate those Dookies. And that's too bad, cuz while he's almost a foot taller than me, he's also three years younger than my little sister. Since he's 19 [ed: actually, he was still 18 at the time!] and I'm 25, that's not just robbing the cradle, that's committing a felony while doing so. I suppose, though, in five years, after he has graduated and/or joined the pros, I could theoretically be on him like white on rice. (diploma + pro career as shooting guard: kickass.) After one has become financially solvent or reached a certain age, it's all fair game. I love me some almost-34-year-olds."
Actually, it took 11 months, didn't it? And it's taking a lot less time for me to see him play in person than it did to see Christian Laettner play in person. I can picture it now: I get locked in the Alamo barracks for robbing the cradle. Or for being a UConn fan who loves Dookies.
Have I mentioned yet that I'M GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR?!!
"Also, at the rate I keep taking potshots (pun totally intended) at J.J. Redick, I'll have a crush on him by the end of the month. I, err, love to hate those Dookies. And that's too bad, cuz while he's almost a foot taller than me, he's also three years younger than my little sister. Since he's 19 [ed: actually, he was still 18 at the time!] and I'm 25, that's not just robbing the cradle, that's committing a felony while doing so. I suppose, though, in five years, after he has graduated and/or joined the pros, I could theoretically be on him like white on rice. (diploma + pro career as shooting guard: kickass.) After one has become financially solvent or reached a certain age, it's all fair game. I love me some almost-34-year-olds."
Actually, it took 11 months, didn't it? And it's taking a lot less time for me to see him play in person than it did to see Christian Laettner play in person. I can picture it now: I get locked in the Alamo barracks for robbing the cradle. Or for being a UConn fan who loves Dookies.
Have I mentioned yet that I'M GOING TO THE FINAL FOUR?!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home