Wheeeeee! I went to the gym this morning and am currently doing my laundry, which means my clothes and floor aren't as depressed as they were before. What, you ask? My clothes have feelings ;-P
I also found a blue devil duck at Hidden Sweets in Harvard Square, the bigger store. I bought one, then noticed 10 minutes before the bus was supposed to arrive that he had a chipped beak. Now, I don't even like chipped beak on toast, so I ran to the store to exchange him before the bus came, then sprinted to the next bus stop. Thankfully, I got to the stop before the bus. But the bus stank like a hotel room usually reserved for smokers that the hotel's trying to air out for non-smoking customers...but I can't describe the smell without invoking synesthesia which I don't have, so I won't describe it. But yeah, it was rancid.
Then when my computer finally let me check my e-mail, I got six pictures from my uncle from Monday night when we ate dinner with another relative whose relation to both of us is currently too hard to explain, and he had the nerve to send the stupid shot I tried to take of my own face. I look like a giant blob with very green eyes.
Umm...maybe I do have synesthesia?
On an unrelated note, while whiling away time at the Coop earlier this afternoon, I read a book about a college student who had cystic fibrosis and needed new lungs. She was obviously very ill, but I can't tell if she's dead or not because biographies are written in the past tense, and some people's memoirs are published when their subjects are still alive. I feel really petty for just typing this up so quickly and nonchalantly, and especially the first reason I wanted to know about her health, but if she's still alive, which I hope she is but somehow doubt because of the severity of her post-transplant problems, I want to tell her she described the nasal spray Flonase perfectly. If that's not the case, my sympathies go out to her friends and loved ones.
I also found a blue devil duck at Hidden Sweets in Harvard Square, the bigger store. I bought one, then noticed 10 minutes before the bus was supposed to arrive that he had a chipped beak. Now, I don't even like chipped beak on toast, so I ran to the store to exchange him before the bus came, then sprinted to the next bus stop. Thankfully, I got to the stop before the bus. But the bus stank like a hotel room usually reserved for smokers that the hotel's trying to air out for non-smoking customers...but I can't describe the smell without invoking synesthesia which I don't have, so I won't describe it. But yeah, it was rancid.
Then when my computer finally let me check my e-mail, I got six pictures from my uncle from Monday night when we ate dinner with another relative whose relation to both of us is currently too hard to explain, and he had the nerve to send the stupid shot I tried to take of my own face. I look like a giant blob with very green eyes.
Umm...maybe I do have synesthesia?
On an unrelated note, while whiling away time at the Coop earlier this afternoon, I read a book about a college student who had cystic fibrosis and needed new lungs. She was obviously very ill, but I can't tell if she's dead or not because biographies are written in the past tense, and some people's memoirs are published when their subjects are still alive. I feel really petty for just typing this up so quickly and nonchalantly, and especially the first reason I wanted to know about her health, but if she's still alive, which I hope she is but somehow doubt because of the severity of her post-transplant problems, I want to tell her she described the nasal spray Flonase perfectly. If that's not the case, my sympathies go out to her friends and loved ones.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home