No good?

30.8.03

I swear I've counted 15 college football games on TV today. This doesn't count the BC-Wake Forest game, in which I had no vested interest. This was a battle of the two schools that put me on their waitlists. Wake even hosted me for their "Best of the Best" weekend in October 1995, and I went to a football game there. I got to see Rusty LaRue, who played three ACC sports in one year: football quarterback, basketball point guard, and some position in baseball. I think I heard when I was already at Hamilton that Wake and BC had rejected me.

The best part is that I'm allowed to ignore that football game now. When I had a car, I needed a special parking permit to park on my street on football game days, as if you didn't live in the area, with the permit, you couldn't park on the street for four hours before and one hour after the football game. But one good thing about not having a car is that I don't have to worry about any special parking permits, or meter costs, or shit like that. But I miss being able to leave the general area that's not public transitable. And yes, I know that's not a word. I wish I could have gotten to Brandeis the other night without walking randomly down Main Street in Watertown, and I really wish I could have gotten home at 2 instead of staying all night in the lounge in a dorm, then getting fucked-up lost trying to find the way to the commuter rail, which didn't get there until almost SEVEN! I wish I'd realized that the commuter rail train I was looking at arrived an hour before I thought it would, and thus I could have taken it...etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home