No good?

13.8.03

I just changed the title of my blog, because it reflects my life better than the old title. And besides, the hottt picture is almost 12...

Well, I've been looking for jobs lately. Finally. There are some major problems, however. First of all, I'm qualified for a lot more than I can get, since I have a masters degree, but no one wants me for anything since I've been jobless for almost a year. Also, I realized that I have two letters from collection agencies that have to be rectified (though I've paid both bills- I even paid one before the agency got to me- I just thought one bill was pointless in the first place.) Thirdly, I didn't have any references until last week when I called my landlord, a family friend, and two published authors, both of whom were my professors at BU. Obviously, they're only personal references, but they're references.

And somehow, I didn't "get" until last week that if I wanted a job, I had to be majorly aggressive. I'm not aggressive by nature. I also seem to take rejection worse than practically everyone. I know that rejection sucks to everyone, but I'll take it personally even when it's not. And I'll get especially angry when I get rejected for a job for which I'm extra qualified, because I'll assume that someone knows something about me personally that made them turn me down for the position. Hello, I've read so goddamn much that I'm qualified for a bookstore job even if I can't use a cash register. I read Umberto Eco in a box office line at the FleetCenter. I read the last Harry Potter in seven hours. I read at the age of 18 months. I enjoy Shakespeare.

Something I'm proud of: I cleared my own computer of the blaster worm. I don't understand how I got it because I updated my antivirus programs last week, and I never leave the internet on unless I'm using it, but here it came. I managed to get to the patch on Symantec, but after I finished the program and put the internet back on to find the Microsoft patch, the computer kept shutting down. Cuz that's what the goddamn virus does. The remote procedure call keeps terminating. Finally, I got my computer on the patch, so its nicotine withdrawal is the only thing causing it to shut down. Luckily, I feed its addiction every few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home