No good?

8.5.03

- From ESPN the magazine: The Wild are the first adjective to win an NHL playoff series. I'd say "Go Wild" but that's what the city of St. Paul's gonna do if the team wins the Stanley Cup. And speaking of ESPN the magazine, potshots at Theo Epstein are NOT cool. He's not that young. Now if he were 22, I'd say go ahead.

- I've now seen three different ads for "Bend It Like Beckham." I guess it's going nationwide now.

- If BC joins the Atlantic Coast Conference, I'll be kinda pissed. Drunk pissed as well as angry pissed. I was surprised to learn that acc.org is the website of the American College of Cardiology. I really should have known that, given that I've hit the tail end of an American College of Cardiology conference in Anaheim. And go Ducks!

- The Michigan basketball program is back on probation again. I wonder if there'll be a new version of the book Fab Five by Mitch Albom, adding all the violations. Given that I have the first edition, or maybe it's the second, and I'd gladly buy another if it listed all the crap that Chris Webber, Louis Bullock and Tractor Traylor (there's one more guy and I can't remember who) inflicted on the program. I remember reading about the guys in the well-loved issue of SI, and one would never have thought that they'd send UM men's basketball towards seemingly permanent probation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home