Hmm...I'm 25, blonde, and was just offered a graduate assistantship position in the Sports Information Department at UMass-Boston. Since it's a graduate assistantship, I have to go back for my second round of grad school. I suppose I never thought I'd actually make it this far in life without suicide ;) The deadline was April 1, and my father can't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that I was actually offered the position after the deadline. What I'd least like to do right now is write another essay, but it seems like that's what I'm going to have to do. The courses in the bilingual special education track sound really interesting. I really want to work in Sports PR/Sports Information, so I doubt I'll actually use the courses.
I'm currently addicted to ESPN Classic. Right now, I'm watching Gonzaga-Arizona from what was it, three weeks ago?, and about a month ago, I watched practically every game in Pontiac's little buzzer-beater promotion. Due to this, I'm still reliving my (err, six-month-long?) unfortunate crush on this oh-so-lovely specimen from his senior year of college, even though I hated his guts for two Marches prior to that. (This was back when he actually gave a crap.) But I did find that telling the usher at the FleetCenter that you had a crush on blah blah blah when you were 13 and you're finally indulging it will get you a better seat than the $25 you paid even though you got to the box office two and a half hours before it opened day of game and were sitting on the floor reading Umberto Eco while you waited. And I'm not a fan of professional basketball.
Oh, and I am finally ready to see these b'ys even though one of their overzealous fans is the reason I got rid of my livejournal. Yay for hypocrites! (Though the fact that I could predict their every song, banter and joke for four straight shows meant it was time to stop.)
See, I ramble!
Currentlies:
- eating: Lay's salt and vinegar potato chips
- talking to: Diana and Jackie
- hearing: someone clomping on the stairs
- watching: duh
- wondering: if the berry juice I drank will wash out of my Madison Square Garden cup.
- debating: writing my essay
- cannot live without: the November 25, 1991 issue of Sports Illustrated. Heee!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home